Wednesday, November 26, 2008

November

This is the month where it starts to get cold here in Washington state. I don't mind so much cause I like wearing sweaters. But I dont like driving in rain too much, I can do it, I just don't like it.
I'm not sure what this blog will be about, or if it will be interesting to anyone but me. I want to write about my life and what I think and do and make.
I like to make jewelry and recently just completed a craft fair at a local high school. While I did sell some stuff, I did not make even half the money that I made last year. Lots of people were looking but they weren't buying, at least not the pricier items, like the necklace/earring sets, or the watches I make. I sold a lot of earrings, but not much else. This says to me that people are holding on to their money right now, cause none of us know what to expect. Are we headed for a depression, or can the new guy get us back on track? I guess its wise to not spend too much right now but hey...Christmas is right around the corner and we have to get our kids something, right?
So I'm not going to over ga-ga on the kids and grandkids for Christmas, but they will get one thing they really want and then thats it. As for me I'd like new Nikon flash for my camera, my D60 that I absolutely love. I've put out all the hints so hopefully I will get one under the tree.
I hope Thanksgiving will be a lovely day for everyone, its such a nurturing holiday. Everyone gets to eat, eat, eat! We mark our good times, by our food frenzies don't we? Good meals create good memories. Happy Thanksgiving All!

No comments: