Thursday, October 2, 2014

Slow and steady!


 Progress!!!

Well, I have had to stop in my efforts to clean up my craft space because mostly I lack the muscle to move heavy things. I have been good at going thru stuff and getting some things into the "goodwill" box. Now I  need to set up some tables and they are buried in the garage. Just as soon as those are set up. I will have more space to set up my machines, and other craft tools. Then the crafting will begin. I have not been able to set up my new Cricut Explore yet and I am anxious to do that. I want to make one of those stencils that you see on the wall. Not sure exactly which one I will do but probably something about family,love and laughter, etc.
I just found out too that Cricut sells window cling material, so that you can make your own window clings. I have a Halloween cartridge and would like to make some spider webs and spiders to put on the window.
I am hoping that by the end of the weekend I will be all set up and ready to go. I have several friends that want to do a "crafting night" and I am trying to get it all cleaned up and ready to go!
All in good time and then I will be able to share my projects online as well!!
These are some velvet embossed scarves that I made a couple of years ago. I am hoping to make some more for this holiday season. Super simple to make. You have to get the kind of velvet that is acetate/rayon based. Here is a great tutorial on how to do this.



http://www.instructables.com/id/Emboss-Velvet-with-Rubber-Stamps-and-a-Household-I/


Happy crafting!

No comments: